Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 95: Suddenly At 3:15am

A woman's voice announced loudly:
"WARNING. CARBON MAN OUTSIDE. WARNING. CARBON MAN OUTSIDE."

The mom told me later that she was actually saying...:
"WARNING. CARBON MONOXIDE. WARNING. CARBON MONOXIDE."

I didn't know who or where the woman was, so I did what any macho golden retriever would do... I hopped in the bed with the Mom(!)... just as she was flying out of it!

Off went the cool airs, and she was lickity split out the back door to silence the beast (backyard contraption).

And now here we sit in the dark... on the front porch at 345am... the Mom terrified and holding the flashlight to the paper, while I journal.

What else can I do? Sleep you say? The Mom says no, cause you don't know you're sleeping cause it's the middle of the night or cause of the poison.

No comments: