Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 366 ( Six hours into Day One): One Year Ago Today

From: THE MOM
Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 6:06 pm
To: Aunt Melinda
CC: Aunt Karen

Karen and Melinda,

Luke made it home just fine (a good, good rider!), and we had a wonderful afternoon... until it started thundering. He went into my half bath and laid down. I needed to get my car into the garage, and he raced out and WOULD NOT let me get out either door without him.

I finally put him on the leash and took him out with me, but I had to open the front door first and he jumped onto the floor board of the front seat and wiggled his way to the passenger seat. I then pulled the car in the garage... he went back in the half bath, and won't come out.

I keep talking to him and trying to act like normal, like there's nothing unusual... but I'm scared. He will hardly respond to me right now, and I'm worried. He's been through so much, and I want to help him. I want to be what he needs, I just can't figure out what it is right now.

Are these first day jitters... depression? What can I do? What should I do?

I've never been in this position before, and I will appreciate any advice you can give me!

Amanda

2 comments:

Checkers & Chess said...

look how far he has come - i know he still bunkers - but it's getting better isn't it????

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

And he's lukhky to have had woo a year ago and have woo NOW!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra