Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 749: TD2 & NBDx2

This pitcher of our flooded back porch was taken yesterday. I would like to show you today's flooded porch pitchers, but the Mom HAD to go to and stay at the factory today.
This pitcher was taken out the front door yesterday around 5pm... a good bit after the torrential rains. The "river" had receded, but was still well above the curb and crown of the street!

I came outta the bunker to see what the Mom was doing on the front porch, but I quickly scuttled right back... Old Gal tried to be quick enough to catch a good shot of me in transition, but this is all I gave the her!
And yes... at the end of that hallway, I had to jump over the Bleu's head! [He didn't mind. Just ask him... He's WAY too worried about how the Mom needs to refinish these hardwoods, or at the very least, wax them... to be concerned about... who?what?]
I don't have the pitchers to prove it... but today was near bout as stormy as yesterday, only worse on a counta the Mom could not be here to comfort / reassure / redirect me. She did not like havin the remote nervous breakdown. She say if she gonna have one, it should be in the presence of the Master. Just sayin.

Fings are calm now, so I show you foot tall St Augustine, green as green can be.
Water is standin frewout the back yard... but I show you edge at patio.
And here is Upper Lake Comet... full of the waters.
And just a quick look back at the flooded porch and our stuff that's been blown down...
Frankly, I am not happy about bein a part of any kind of photo op. Ever body is just fankful I would go to the outside and do businesses. And now I'm just tryin to guess... 
Am I leadin the Mom straight to the big bed, or shall I take a pit stop to conjure up and post a blog...? OK, pit stop it is...

Weather is calm for now, but I have little faif it will last longer than time alarm sound in the mornin. Until then, night night...!

10 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I saw Mona's mommy's pikhs -

LOTS OF RAIN!

BUT
BUT
BUT

I'm hoping my verifikhation word is an omen: ENDED

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Scout and Freyja said...

My gosh, you were totally water-logged. Been rainin' lots up here, too, but nuttin' like you gots, no way!

houndstooth said...

Good grief! You need a rain coat and wellies to go out in that yard! Stay safe and dry, Luke and Bleu!

Bunny

K. Lonopin said...

I have been sitting here trying to figure out what to write. I think I am just going to put my emotions and feelings out there and go with it. I know what I want to do with my life and I know how to do it but I just haven't done it.

How Sam Sees It said...

We could sure use some of that rain our way, Luke! We wouldn't mind taken some of the thunder and wet stuff from you!

Sam

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Lots of rain! I hope it done now Luke, it not nice to be so ascared. Thank dogness your house did not flood!
~lickies, Ludo

D.K. Wall said...

As is often the way, you have too much of the falling wet stuff and we could use some more.

Anonymous said...

Hey--Atleast the grass is green, right? LOL! Have a good day, buddy!

the booker man said...

mr. luke!
i'm thinkin' ya'll might need to build an ark sometime soon! be way careful like, pretty please!
*woof*
the booker man

Pat Wahler said...

Hope the clouds leave and sun returns soon!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com