Thursday, June 12, 2008

Four (Paw) Word: Breaking the Bonds of Writer's Block

Writer's Block. There's nothing quite like a long car ride with cheerful and hopeful spirits to break it.

Somewhere between Waco and Houston, I managed to put this little letter of introduction together:

I prefer Luke - my full name is "Cool Hand Luke."

While most say beware of the "Ides of March," I think it is a great date - I was born 3/15/99.

Most say I am your typical golden. I love people, attention and pleasing you. My only real hang-up is a fear of thunderstorms when I really want to be calm and quiet indoors.

I understand GRRH is careful to find happy homes that include the golden inside. That will be a welcome first for me. I was mostly an outside dog in my previous life and have been in a Waco kennel since last September. As much as I love to be outdoors and play, I really think I would blossom in the comforts of your home.

I am healthy, wise and low maintenance, unless you want a whole lot of love. I can really "dish it out," yet I have never been described as needy. I can run circles around pups half my age and would really like to take you for a walk sometime soon.

Luke

I didn't want to give too much of myself in the letter, but I didn't want to hold too much back, either. After all, this is my chance for a second life... my Chapter Two.

I thought of adding... "seeking stability and long term relationship, first and foremost... with doting mother, kisses galore, doors opened at my will, tasty treats, soft beds, cool temperatures, plush toys, evening walks and bedtime stories"... but I didn't want to sound overly hopeful or anxious.

I feel good about these people who've given me a lift. I think they read the full content of my eyes and between the lines of my letter. And I know they're looking out for me.

No comments: