Thursday, June 12, 2008

At Long Last...Freedom of Speech: From Chronicler to Blogger!

In my synopsis of Chapter One, I exposed myself as a former chronicler of history as the king commanded.

Times change and so have I! Allow me to introduce myself now... as Luke the Blogger!

Blogger: One who produces blogs.

Blog (an abridgment of the term web log):> A website, usuallly maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, description of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject, others function more as personal online diaries.

Personal blog: The personal blog, an on-going diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality. Few personal blogs rise to fame and the mainstream, but some personal blogs quickly garner an extensive following.

Special thanks to my Aunts and Uncle for brokering my freedom to blog, and especially to Aunt Melinda for leaving her computer on and unattended! Many woofs and tail wags, too, to Peter Steiner for the terrific cartoon, page 61 of the 5 July 1993 Issue of The New Yorker magazine!

No comments: