Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 377: Sixteen Hands, Two Pokes and a Trolley Ride

Good day today on a counta the Mom she stay home and you know how I like that! Uneventful mornin I spent huntin squirrel in backyard till it got too hot, then enjoy me a nice afternoon nap in dinin room until free-firty (yep 3:30) when I hear my leash rattle!!!
The Mom leash her self up wif the me and she tell the Bleu we beed right back and he not really believe her so she board me in the trolley and go back right quick to kiss him on the nose and splain things.

Now before you get wrong idea, I told him bye too but it mighta come out sumfin more like "I goin and you not" but I not have total recall...

So the Mom head the trolley west and I enjoy scenery and blast of cool airs and most of all leanin on the Mom.

DOC OFFICE

And then we pull up at Fairbanks Animal Clinic and I really excited and enjoy good pee in the grass but wif first whif of waitin room I think NO NOT TODAY I DON'T THINK SO.

But the Mom insist and so we go in and immediately I pick out man wif idle hands and he begin rubbin my head. Then my Aunt Karen came in and I was in Heaven wif the her and then this real sweet lady start talkin to the me and her hands also very lovin. And then a tech come round from behind desk to get summa Luke and then my name called and I make wide turn to get some lovin from another woman sittin in the corner. Gotta tell ya... at this point I real happy boy!

In little room, I hop right up on scale and weigh in at 74 pound what is proper weight for boy my size and tech cannot resist gettin some good Luke love and so she does. And then Doc Hamelers also does come in and loves on me too. And she make comment bout sweet spot on top o my head and the Mom tell her that where the angel kiss me...

And that was fun but then she got down to the business and I get poked but it not bad on a counta they beed four women wif a ton of lovin and sweet talk and gentleness to dis track the me! Doc say right thing what we wanna hear and that is it don't have a pearance of mast cell tumor but maybe cyst, but she stain slide and see. And I hope she don't get in trouble for the stain!

And then things settle down and while we wait in little room I keep showin the Mom and the Aunt Karen the door out of the little room in case they forgot where it was. Never know bout two of them. Just sayin.

DIAGNOSIS

Doc come back in few minutes later wif the news better than we fear and worse than we hope.


She use lotsa big words and then splain them, but long story short... she see lotsa in flamatory and other round cells wif no granulation and really does not think it is a mast cell tumor... but because mast cells are also round and can degranulate and on a counta this bout quarter inch from site of malignant tumor removal... she think it most certainly does need to come out just to make sure.

So we confirm we keep surgery a pointment what the Mom schedule this very mornin wif the Dr. Mark (who fill up fast) for July 23 after talkin to him at lengf bout all manner of circumstance and situation. And then we tell the Aunt Karen goodbye and we love her and thank her for her support all ways and then trolley turn east wif the cool airs just a blowin!

HOME AGAIN

And when we get home, we go for walk down street to talk to nice man who tend my lawn and he tell me I handsome fellow and rub on my ears! But that not the best part...

Best part was walkin into house and gettin once over by the Bleu who comment he smell sixteen hands on me what do not belong to the Mom and two of them are the Aunt Karen's and it ain't fair.


I sail past him for the waters bowl and I not say word bout the pokins on a counta what happen at the doc stay at the doc... well, ceptin for the lovin part! Besides... a little jealousy never hurt anybleu.

Now as for the Luke, I gonna try to forget problem and enjoy ever drop of life for next free weeks... the Mom find that not so easy but it work in my favor, if know what I mean! ;-)

From bottom of heart, thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, sweet comments and for offerin my need up to the Saint Francis. Hard to feel scared and a lone when feel love and support of so many good friends and that mean world! It really do!

P.S. FREE MORE THINGS

1. I forgot to tell you that poke on back is nuffin to worry bout but sumfin for the Mom to keep eye on and believe you the me she will. Just sayin.
.
2. I kinda tired and not in mood for photos (Aunt Karen got a good one at the doc's office what I will post soon) so these are best I could do under circumstance... Just sayin.

3. Some day before this one I got confuse wif my Day Numbers for my posts and so I need ti go back and correct them but ain't gonna happen no not today. That said, this truly beed Day 377. I pretty sure. Or I think. I get back to you on that...

8 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What's your name again?

LUKHKY LUKE?

I rest my khase!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Checkers & Chess said...

luke - my mom is crying - and adding your name again and again to the st. anthony bowl.

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Luke, we are glad the news wasn't terrible, but we still have our paws crossed that the surgery goes easily and its not malignent.

On the other hand, you cleaned up on attention at the vets. Tuck went for his physical today and only managed to rope in the vet herself and one tech, so you beat him bigtime.

Tucker and Daisy (and the Mommy)

Martine said...

Oh Lukey boy... I'm glad it wasn't the worst case.... but very sad you are having surgery. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Sugar also go poked today.... no fun :(

xo sugar & martine

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Lucky Luke - you and Phantom had way too much in common yesterday. He will be going for his surgery next Tuesday. We are hoping for good news too. We will keep our paws crossed for you and Mom sends her good thoughts and prayers too.

Woos, TD and Phantom

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Hi Luke, happy to see it wasn't terrible news your in our thoughts and prayers everyday, I know things are going to turn out ok!!!

xoxo
Miley

Charlie said...

Luke, my man, you hang in there and work the situation for as much loving as possible!
- Charlie

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

we will keep our paws crossed that your sugery goes well

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ