Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 546: 156 Golden Retrievers... And Then Some More

Ahem... I am the Luke! And I am one very special boy to my the Mom!



Two of my mainest fings what I love to do... is blog and just be bout firteen inches from my the Mom!


And over course of last few monfs, I have done less and less of former and more and more of latter on a counta the Mom, she hog compy... and now I tell you great big reason why:


Golden Retriever Rescue of Houston


It morally horrific that there is need for dog rescue at all... ever! But now economy in dumper, and fings are even worser than ever. Between extreme number of shelter rescues (what is GRRH priority) and barrage of owner surrenders, it is HUGE year for intake... and then sadly, slower year for adoptions...

I relate to ALL those pups on a counta I was owner surrender who ALSO spend 8 monfs wif Fuzzy Friends of Waco before the GRRH find me... so you gotta know I want to help any which way I can!!! This some time mean posin for the pitchers, turnin over some of my a llowance... but mostly it mean givin of my the Mom's time (my least favorite donation).


You see... my the Mom "keep" the website for GRRH, and it is tedious, detailed, an abundance of time consumin work and truly you have NO idea how much time I spend at her feet. 

The past few monfs have been... well, I don't fink "overwhelmin" even begins to describe em. It has been a real struggle to make any progress whatsoever, as the availables page is terribly out of date by time (20+ hours work) it is reassembled and republished.

My the Mom is not well wif lettin ANY one down, particularly a Golden in need... but most especially the me (and also the Bleu, of course)...!!! She haul a coupla ton o guilt round here, between GRRH and what GRRH take away from our fambily time...

And all this... is what keep me from bloggin and readin and commentin on my good and treasured friends' bloggies... on a counta the Mom fink we should do other fings what don't involve compy!

Now as for me, I dream we can find some one or two or free to help wif the GRRH website!

Life is about balance. Time is precious. No body understand that more than the Luke. And Luke love to blog! Just sayin.

5 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

So good to hear from you. We really appreciate what your mom is doing because like you, we came to Chez Herd via rescue. Well, you didn't come to Chez Herd, but you know what we mean. We think.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hey There The Handsome One!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
PeeEssWoo: But what about Farmville?

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

What a handsome picture of the Luke. The Daisy is swooning.

The Daisy and the Tucker

Anonymous said...

Keep spreading the GRRH word, Dear Cousin! We can also relate on both of your well made points, although our momma does not hog our compy as much. The GRRH database does not consume the time like the website, and we sure thank our Auntie for doing so!

Sidney Edward & Mojo

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke,
We know from whence youse speak. Our dad trys to help out Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue & Sanctuary (AHGRR). Some of us (Homer J., Sophie, Abby and Radar as well as our brother Gordon at The Bridge) came from AHGRR. Homer was a shelter greeter dog in southwest Virginia for about 7 months before AHGRR got him when he was scheduled to be displaced. Y'all need to share some of the GRRH stuff with us on the blog. Please be sure to give your mom a really slow and long face lick thank you from each of us (that's 13 licks) here at The Bumpass Hounds and Kitties.
- TBH&K