Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 903: The Goose Is Evidently Gettin Fat!!!

It has been a VERY busy hustle and bustle week. And as the CHS (Chief Household Supervisor) around here, my "eye" is on overtime on a counta there has been so much to keep it on! It's been real fun... but the downside is that I haven't had a lot of time to blog...
I should probably start by tellin you that I am feelin much better. We are still tryin to find the balance in the 'wetness' of my food... I prefer it more dry than wet, but I also like soft food to go wif it. Perhaps I've just gotten spoiled wif all the pumpkin I've been gettin... I'm not ready to divulge. I prefer, instead, to keep the Mom guessin how to feed me, on a counta that is SUCH fun!!!
[FYI: My appetite is as strong as ever, but my comfort varies from day to day. I'm told that it most likely will return to normal. In the grand scheme of fings... It's not that big of a deal, but more just some fing for the Mom to fret over... as she is the CHF (Fretter)! The big issue is to find the balance of quality, holistic foods that achieve my desired results... AND feel good goin down my pie hole! Just sayin. 

Mmmmm... Pie!!! But I digress...
Amidst the flurry of furniture re-arrangement, the emptyin of boxes and the tissue paper rattlin... My nose on the little doo-dads is appreciated only so much, so I call an audible... And me and the Bleu lay low to figure out exactly what is goin on here...








I have been a very good boy and also tolerant of the Mom who is singin about a goose that is puttin on poundage. What exactly said goose's weight has to do wif an old man's hat, I am not entirely sure... But clearly this is a very important clue as to the disorder that is our Family Room right now...


My duty, as CHS, is to observe the activity and show appreciation for the singin... and to ensure that the Bleu respects [like he would touch em wif a ten foot pole] the fragile nature of all the little golden retriever and other doggy ornaments who wait in peace... on the coffee table.
There's not much room around the tree, so I've gotta give the tree trimmer space...
Just look, here she is as a blank canvas.
My first ornament this year is special: 
Given to me by my the Aunt Dav, this is a special ornament designed by Carrington, of Midland, Texas... for the Children's Art Project!!!
Flash Forward and Wah-Lah! My the Mom announced that OUR tree... Me and The Bleu's Tree... is the only tree that she's 'puttin up' this year. I like the other tree on a counta its whimsy, but I like the Mom's attention to the me us more. Just sayin.
And mine and the Bleu's and also the Mom's and the Comet's stockins are hung in the Family Room wif care... in hopes that the Fat Man will fill em up wif the good stuffs!
Left to right: Comet's stockin, My the Mom's stockin... [made by her Mom, my the grandmom... and is as old as she is]... Mine and the Bleu's [or the Bleu's and Mine, I forget]!

And now, Happy Holidays from the Sweet Bleu!
Peace from the East is the Big Boy...
Peace from the Norf... is the Sweet Boy Luke.
And Christmas Dreams, I am dreamin...
And Christmas Wishes, I am wishin...
To the You and all of the Yours!!!
Merry, Merry Christmas... to YOU ALL!!!

17 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy HOWLidays from Pawsylvania!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Barbara said...

Happy Holidays to you too! What a wonderful, happy post!!

Sheila and Bob said...

Pretty Festive Luke, the Mom must be tired, but we are sure you and the Bleu helped a lot, I know Sophi & I did.
Keep your eyes open, you never know when that goose might show up, he will stand out wearing that old mans hat....BOL, BOL



Hamish & Sophie

♥I am Holly♥ said...

What a very beautiful and uplifting post!! The tree is beautiful!! We hope the Luke and the Bleu and the mom all have a wonderful Christmas!! Love the pictures!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

The Daily Pip said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. And yes, it is always good to keep moms guessing. That bed sure looks comfy cozy!

Your pal, Pip

♥ Sallie said...

Yay! Glad you are feeling better!

What an important job you have! :)

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you all, too!!

What a fun post. It is great to read that you are feeling better, as I know that those times are ruff for the Mom!! My mom feeds me the Holitic Select from Eagle Pack food.. the fish recipe. I love it, and its one of the only things that are balanced with nuticents, tastes good, and holisitc!! i like those!

Also, on the giveaway on my blog that you entered, reading the Lukes story was so so sad. I actually got a couple of emails going on and on about how the Luke is the sweetest thing, and how he deserves such a great Christmas. I thought that was very sweet. The Luke is a GREAT boy!! :-)

Paige & Simba

Stella said...

Great post, Luke. I am happy you are feeling better, and searching for the perfect food to shove down your pie hole. That could be fun, just trying all different good things. My Mom gives me Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul and she says its the dumbest name for a dog food she has ever heard. But she makes soup on the stove, and puts some more veggies in that kibble and its Yummy City.

Its bedtime for me, Luke, Cheers and Hugs from Stella

White Dog Blog said...

So much is crammed in this one post!The fact that you are feeling better is a Christmas wish come true! Food experimenting could be kind of fun...if it doesn't upset your tummy! I love pumpkin but have you tried spaghetti squash mixed with wet food with kibble sprinkled on top? Yum! Your Christmas tree looks lovely and your special ornament is VERY cool! It IS beginning to look...and feel...alot like Christmas.

Meeka said...

Happy Holidays to you and Bleu.
Love the bone shaped ornaments.

Anna the GSD said...

Sooo glad you're feeling better! Maybe the key is a lot of PIE!!!

Love the tree, I love this time of year!!

the booker man said...

mr. the luke!

merry christmas to you, the bleu, and your the mom, too!!! :)
i'm glad you are feelin' better and havin' the hungers for yummy foodables. you'll find just the right mix of soft 'n crunchy! in the meantime, i kinda agree with miss anna...maybe you need lots of pie!! heehee.

*woof*
the booker man

pee s -- how cool is it that you and the bleu have your own christmas tree!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Such a wonderful post, Luke. We love your tree - so very beautiful. We are glad you are feeling better,and we hope you can figure out what is best for you to eat. It is important to eat, we keep trying to tell that to Phantom, but he doesn't listen very well:(

We also enjoyed your windy walk:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

KB said...

I'm glad that your feeling pretty good, Luke, but you shouldn't make your mom worry! I speak as the CHF for my household... so I know what she's going through.

I hope that you keep having happy days!

How Sam Sees It said...

Happy Hollidays, dear Luke!

Sam

brooke said...

Hi Luke! Came over from Khyra and the Thundering Herd's blogs. Our thoughts are with you and we're sending all our positive vibes your way!
Big hugs and Giant Dane kisses from Seattle!

Deborah said...

Hi Luke, just visiting from Golden Sugar I am sending you the Power of the Paw...Wishing you well.
xxoo
Deborah