Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 898: The Drivin Miss Daisy Edition And Other Currently Sisterless Saturday Stuff

She is in the trolley, on a counta my the Mom, along wif the Aunt Madison, chauffeured Sweet Girl to the GRRH Meet-N-Greet at Orvis in the Woodlands!

These pitchers don't do this beautiful girl justice, but even so... she reminds me of someone special wif also the magnitudinous good looks...
Finkin finkin, but I can't quite put my paw on it... but she is Special, that's for sure!
I fink we can all agree that she is replete wif the good looks, but the Mom says Miss Daisy is also a very mannerly trolley passenger!


And Sweet Girl's manners didn't stop there! I hear that she was VERY well behaved at the event!
 I also hear that she formed a close bond wif one of the volunteers there...
 And that volunteer bonded wif her, too...
One passer-by even noted how much Daisy seemed to love her the mom...
Wait Wait WAIT. Did I hear that correctly??? Her "The Mom"???
Well... as of THIS moment, I don't have a sister. That's all I can report for now!

No approved adopters attended the event, but Daisy met many wonderful people who came there to learn more about the group. And many expressed interest in adopting and fostering... so it was a very good day!
The gorgeous Ambassador was happy to board the trolley for the trip back to Houston, and she settled in for a little nap, and that's good! I SO do love me a sweet girl who has no interest in the Co-Pilot position, because that position is filled... by ME!!!
Passive passenger. Check!
Daisy was initially estimated to be 8 years old, but GRRH does not believe that to be so. . Her teef are clean and not worn in the least. She is energetic and lively, but also easily settles. All fings considered, she's likely 5-7 years old and just prematurely gray.

It's not like she has had a stress free life. You see, her first family abandoned her when they moved away. A few Good Samaritans made sure the Sweet Girl made her way to GRRH!

Daisy is as smart as she is sweet. You'll love the things her Foster Mom has to say!!! By all a counts, Daisy will complete her Forever Family! She is that kind of girl!!!
- - - - - - - - - - -
My Currently Sisterless Saturday
Now meanwhile, you are wonderin how this Saturday has been shaped by the currently Sisterless Luke and also the Bleu [of course]!

We, ok I awoke early and after much sighin and restin my chin on the (east then west then east then west then...) side of the bed, we all did arise and check out the happenins in the back 40!
You just never know what atrocities might have been committed overnight. Just sayin.
Fortunately, not much did... We went frew the motions and then me and the Bleu, we did graciously allow the Mom to don her GRRH shirt and depart wif the trolley... to Drive Miss Daisy!


And when Ole Gal arrived back home, renderin me once again and also currently sisterless... we spent some good quality time out of doors in the 80 degree + temperatures to absorb a bit of heat before those temps drop to the 30's tonight. Crazy, right?
Hard to believe that we just got our yard raked a few days ago... but Gosh, I'm cute! What a face I have!!!
File this next pitcher under "Shift Change"... a favorite category of the Mom's, even though it has never been a label. [tsk tsk]
 I'm just happy the flash isn't on!!!
Displayin my handsomeness,
and workin on my Lulander model poses...
 Glance slight to my left...
 Glance slight to my right...
I may have all the physical qualities of a model, but the behaviors... not so much. Here is me when I fink I hear the dinner bell ring!
I am ready to strap on the feed bag!


Yes, indeed!!! Food and lots of it!!! 
Pumpkin dessert, too!!! 
I beg of you!!! 


It all unfolded exactly how I hoped. Dark has come over the back yard... and "the tree" has come into the house. The Bleu is scared and sought refuge in the big bed.
I'm not sure what to fink, so I am keepin one eye on it!
And I am followin the Mom frewout the house. I don't want to miss a fing.
 Look upper right center... you will see me keepin an eye on the dead eff-a-lent in the room/red bag and the crime scene "the tree"...
I'm not sure how I feel about all of this. I'm tryin to remain calm... act nonchalent... and pretend there is no eff-alent in the room...
But followin the Mom seems like the fing to do... since we're plannin one of those "get back to the original spirit of the holiday" kind of Christmas.
The funnest fing about Christmas... is givin. But this year for us, all spare (and then some) green papers are dedicated to medical care. Me, the Mom and also the Bleu hope that everyone understands... our extraordinary circumstances!


We won't be able to send our normal end-of-year contributions to charities, as we would like. We are saddened by the financial implications... but along wif the immense personal challenges we have before us,  we also have infinite hope in our hearts... that we will overcome the odds!!!

And to anyone out there wif the Santa connections... Please to tell him the story of the Sweet Luke who dreams of a new stuffy for Christmas! I am deprived. Really, I am.
Just sayin.

And now let's join the Saturday Pet Bloggers Hop! Nigel at Life Wif Dogs has the details...!


10 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I'm thinkin'

and I'm just sayin'

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: No need to apologise on the pawnations thingie - woo do enough good stuffs - it is going to be a challenging howliday here on many levels but we'll press on!
PeePeeEssWoo: Khan one have a sisfur and a GiRlfuriend with the same name?

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Oh dear the Luke...we see you don't have many stuffies kind of like Holly! We sure understand the problem with green papers and really know how much vet care costs so don't even begin to feel bad at all. Your health is NUMBER ONE!!! We are praying for you to get well and be fine because we just love you and the Bleu so much. The Daisy...how can somebody just walk off and leave a dog? That's how mom got Hobo decades ago...his owners just moved away and left him with the house. She got him real quick thank goodness. You and the Bleu have a wonderful night and remember, everybody loves both of you....and we love your "just sayin'...mom has kind of taking it up cause you are so smart!!! Lots of love and hugs and toys!!! Holly and mom

houndstooth said...

We sure understand about the lack of extra green papers. They don't grow on trees, darn it! Not that we haven't tried, mind you!

I am thinking that a new sister would be a perfect way to celebrate Christmas! Especially one who doesn't like your seat in the trolley and who looks like she could be a littermate to a certain handsome fellow!

Bunny

Sheila and Bob said...

Luke,
We understand the finance thing, since our Sophie girl has had all these problems and our "the Mom" just retired we are a little stressed right now also.
Miss Daisey looks like a peach of a lady, what a nice Christmas gift that would be to her and to you and the Bleu and the Mom if she were to make her forever home with you.
You are the greatest caption writer in the world.
You friends
Hamish & Sophie &
the Mom & Dad, Sheila & Bob

D.K. Wall said...

As they say, Charity begans at home and we think The Luke and The Bleu are excellent charities to be funding this year. Enough said.

Miss Daisy is most precious and sounds to be brotherless. Just saying.

P.S. - We are hoping to get TO the 30's today, but the weatherman is saying not until Wednesday or Thursday - maybe. But we are watching and playing in white stuff that is falling and is supposed to keep falling for the couple of days. Not fast - but is falling.

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Hey, the Luke

Daisy says that everybody should have a Daisy in their life, especially a sweet girl like that. She is also sorry you are so stuffie deprived and would be glad to help you hide some of those if you need help convincing Santa that more are needed.

Tucker and Daisy

Stella said...

Hey Luke,

Maybe we aren't really stuffee deprived, but our stuffees could be OLD and WORN OUT. A few new ones couldn't hurt, could they?

I am with your Mom for an old fashioned Christmas, oranges in the socks for the good people, lumps of coal for the not so good.

We'll get by as long as we have those we love, thats all we need.
A warm bed to snuggle in, a cat to intimidate, a bowl or two of kibble. Keep getting well, Luke, thats my wish for you.

Kisses,
Stella and her Mom

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We think the Luke and the Bleu could both use a sister - and Miss Daisy sure would fit the bill - she looks so much like you, Luke.

We hope Santa finds his way to bring you a special stuffie and one for Bleu too.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

1000 Goldens said...

Luke, Miss Daisy is beyond beautiful :)

MySpecialDoggies said...

Paws crossed that Miss Daisy finds a new forever home soon - she's very pretty.

Hopefully Santa will find a woobie for you too Luke!

Woofs,
Nadine & Neeli
Angel doggie Apples (Happy 16th B'Day my sweet rescue - 12/06/1994-10/21/2010)